||2013 Lincoln MKZ
Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic over Light Dune
||2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
Inferno Red/Md. Gray
I have always had a love of cars & bikes.
I recently dug up some sketches I did in 1961 when I was 17, prompted by a story in AutoWeek.
Over the years I have owned more than a few cars and motorcycles, listed here:
- My first car: 1949 Mercedes-Benz 170V, 4-door, black.
- 1954 Plymouth Belvedere, 3.8L flathead 6, 3-spd. 4-door, green. Added 2-carb manifold & dual exhausts.
- 1961 Yamaha YDS-1. 250cc 2-stroke. Orange/white; repainted two-tone blue.
- 1958 Norton/Matchless scrambler. 650cc twin. black.
- 1962 Honda sport-50. 50cc 4-speed. red/white
- 1961 Saab 750GT, black/red. 750cc 2-stroke triple, 4-speed column shift.
- 1963 Saab 93, white/black. 850cc 2-stroke triple, 3-speed column shift.
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvair 700, 4-door, red. 2-speed automatic.
- 1964 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, convertible, yellow/black. 4-speed manual.
- 1967 VW "beetle" red/black 1500cc opposed-4, 4-speed
- 1971 VW Superbeetle convertible, yellow/black. 1500cc opposed-4, 4-speed ("BumbleBeetle")
- 1974 Renault R-17 Gordini, aubergine/taupe. 1750cc hemi four, fwd, 5-speed. Fabric sunroof/fiberglass covering. ("Renée")
- 1982 Honda CB-550/4. 550cc inline-4. plum color
- 1964 Ford Mustang coupe, blue/black. 200ci (3.3L) inline 6, 3-speed. Added dual exhausts. ("Molly")
- 1984 Honda Civic, blue/grey. 1500cc 4, 4-speed. ("Holly")
- 1985 Chevrolet Cavalier 4-door, Dark Red Metallic over black cloth. Ltd production 2.8L V6 H.O., 4-speed manual, sunroof, alloys, H.D. suspension options. ("Callie")
- 1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula, Torch Red over gray cloth, 5.0L H.O. V8, 5-spd ("Polly")
- 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Inferno Red Crystal pearl over gray cloth, 2.4L dohc inline 4, auto ("Marvin Edition")
- 1994 Lincoln Mk VIII, Currant Red Metallic over tan leather, 4.6L dohc, 32-valve V8 -
- 1995 Lincoln Mk VIII LSC, Ebony over gray leather, 4.6L dohc, 32-valve V8 -
- 2004 Chrysler Crossfire coupé, Inferno Red Crystal pearl over two-tone gray leather, 3.2L sohc V6, auto Mercedes SLK320 running gear ("Connie")
- 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T sport-wagon, Inferno Red Crystal pearl over gray, 5.7L hemispherical-head V8, auto, sunroof
- 2013 Lincoln MKZ 4-door, Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic over Light Dune, 3.7L DOHC V-6, 6-speed electronic transmission with paddle-shifters ("Zephanie")
This does not count other cars
I have driven in the course of time, such as the Mercedes-Benz, Jaguars, Porches, Austin-Healeys and Ferraris
which I drove in the course of my first business as a detailer just after high school. This beautiful black
Jaguar XKE was one of the first in the neighborhood, and I drove it home for a Simonize treatment one weekend:
Hot-rods are another passion of mine, some of my favorites are built by a meticulous Northern Cslifornia coachbuilder and his crew.
A tribute to the wonderful cars built in the Northern Italian town of Maranello: Ferraris!
I recently came across a fascinating account of one man's history with Ferraris. Kirk F. White was a reseller of high-end automobiles in the Philadelphia area, and he has written a fascinating blog about how he got into the car business and raced a Ferrari 512M at Le Mans and Daytona in 1971, backed by Roger Penske. Amazingly, there are a few connections between myself, Kirk and Roger. But that's another story...
Back to Mark's Personal Page.
Back to Mark's Home Page.